Park-McCullough House enjoyed another successful year. Please consider joining your neighbors to support this important historic estate as a vital part of our community.
Here is a small sample of all that we could accomplish in part to community support:
- 500 guest visited on opening day. An amazing 450 more than the previous year.
- 4 new volunteer docents joined our team, allowing us to extend our hours for the third year in a row.
- Thanks, in part to a matching grant from The Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation’s Urban &Community Forestry Program, we opened a new exhibition featuring the trees and grounds of the estate and hired an arborist to take care of our trees year-round.
- 9 teams enjoyed another sporting croquet season
- The carriage barn hosted 7 concerts.
- New flower beds were added to the south side to the house.
- The garden bathrooms were renovated for use during special events and operating hours.
- 5 couples were married in the rose garden this season.
- Park-McCullough co-hosted the first annual North Bennington community block party
- The carriage barn foundation project was completed, thanks in part to a matching grant from Vermont Historic Preservation.
Looking forward to the 2018 season, we are raising money this fall for two exciting projects. The first is to renovate the playhouse. This includes jacking the house up, replacing the foundation, painting and restoring the inside of the little house. The goal is to be able to open the doors during operating hours and special events. The second project is a plan to restore the ceiling above the main staircase in the mansion. This project will include preserving and repairing the plaster, and painting.
Please consider lending your support in any amount to this incomparable institution. We appreciate every dollar, and promise to use your gifts wisely. Please be in touch regarding special gifts and bequests.
Sending best wishes and many thanks for your generosity,
Allen McCullough, President, Board of Trustees
Park-McCullough Board of Trustees: Allen McCullough, Mary Feidner, Randolyn Zinn, Chris Macksey and Alyssa Barry
Donations may also be made via mail. Please make checks payable to the Park-McCullough House Association and mail payments to PO Box 388, North Bennington, VT 05257. Thanks for you support.