Greetings! If you were among the many who toured the mansion, attended an event or walked the grounds this summer, thank you! We all enjoy the beauty and history Park-McCullough offers our community and would love to count on your support this year. We’ve got a lot to be proud of after another successful season! Here is a small sample of all that we accomplished from last year’s Annual Fund donations!
· 5 new volunteer docents joined our team.
· Thanks to a matching grant from The Fund for North Bennington, the Carriage Barn floors were refinished.
· Over 400 community members attended our free opening day festivities.
· The playhouse received a new foundation, interior paint and decorating.
· The north side and cupula of the mansion were painted.
· The ceiling above the staircase received a new coat of paint.
· 9 teams enjoyed another sporting croquet season
· The Carriage Barn hosted 7 concerts of different genres.
· 6 couples were married in the rose garden.
· Several free community events were continued and added to including the Second Annual North Bennington Block Party, Fall Mums and Sweet Treats and Opening Day.
· A Friends of Park-McCullough group was founded.
· New signage was designed and placed around the property.
Looking forward to the 2019 season, we are raising funds for two equally overdue and exciting projects. We hope to restore and repair the wall paper on the second floor. This requires the paper to be gently removed, flattened, and reapplied. The second project is the continued painting of the mansion. We hope to be able to paint and repair rotted wood on the north side of the house. Both projects are a substantial undertaking that will make a huge difference for our visitors.
Please consider a gift to this incomparable institution. Our goal of $30,000 is only possible with your support. We appreciate every dollar and promise to use your gifts wisely. Please be in touch regarding special gifts and bequests.
Sending best wishes and many thanks for your generosity,
Allen McCullough, President Alyssa Barry, Secretary
Mary Feidner, Vice President Randolyn Zinn
Chris Macksey, Treasurer Brandy Lesser
Donations may also be made via mail. Please make checks payable to the Park-McCullough House Association and mail payments to PO Box 388, North Bennington, VT 05257. Thanks for you support.